none
Azure Blockchain Workbench in DevTest Labs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is it possible to configure Azure Blockchain Workbench in DevTest Labs to control online times. If so can you point me to the steps? I tried this in the Marketplace:  

https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/Microsoft.DevTestLabBaas?tab=Overview 

but it doesn't create all the resources for the workbench. At least not that I can tell.

Anthony 

Thursday, July 5, 2018 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Currently, Blockchain Workbench is not available as a dev-test lab. You can shut down and restart the App Services and VM scale set associated with the deployment, and it should not impact the solution.

If you want automated shutdown/startup, as of right now the best way to do this is probably to write a Powershell script to get Azure to shut down/restart services at specified times. You can begin by looking at the documentation for the Stop-AzureRmWebapp function here.

Thanks,

Microsoft Azure Blockchain Team

• Marked as answer by Anthony Perri Monday, July 16, 2018 2:46 PM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 5:39 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

It is not entirely clear as to what specific things you are looking to achieve with Dev Test Labs and Azure Blockchain Workbench.  Please do note that Workbench requires a host of Azure services, all of which may not be available to a Dev Test Lab instance deployed in a specific region. We would like to request some more details on your use case scenario so that we can help you in a meaningful way.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:51 PM
    Owner
  • Hello

So when I create a Blockchain Workbench as you said it creates a lot resources. What I am hoping to be able to do was use DevTest Labs to create a Blockchain Workbench for learning purposes. And then use DevTest Labs to auto start and auto shutdown of the workbench to control costs since it isn't a production workbench. I can't replicate that in DevTest Labs. Sorry if I am not making any sense as I indicated I am still learning this stuff.

Thanks

Anthony

Thursday, July 12, 2018 9:21 PM
  • Hi,

Currently, Blockchain Workbench is not available as a dev-test lab. You can shut down and restart the App Services and VM scale set associated with the deployment, and it should not impact the solution.

If you want automated shutdown/startup, as of right now the best way to do this is probably to write a Powershell script to get Azure to shut down/restart services at specified times. You can begin by looking at the documentation for the Stop-AzureRmWebapp function here.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Anthony Perri Monday, July 16, 2018 2:46 PM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 5:39 PM
    Owner