Calculate on report, Country on Total year RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm realy on trouble. I think I forgot all my skills. I can't make a simple situation like this below:

Country, Amount, Year...I make a report with:

[Year]; [country], [Amount]    it's a matrix with the sum on the row and on the column...

Now I would like to put another field with [country]/[total amount], just to have the percentage of the country compare on the year. 

I tried to make a named calculate in the olap cube ( my data source) like this: SUM([Date].[Year].CURRENTMEMBER, [Measures].[Amount]) but it doesn't get back the sum of the year, it changes just if I put, for example, the country. I would like to fix just the result of every year and after, just on the report, make a calculation like [country]/ [2008]...I'm a little bit ( and more) confusing...any advices? Thank you  

Friday, April 19, 2013 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi DIEGOCTN,

You can add an extra column within the column group, and then use ReportItem references to perform the calculations. Please see the following screenshot:

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by DIEGOCTN Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:16 AM
    Monday, April 22, 2013 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hi, I'm realy on trouble. I think I forgot all my skills. I can't make a simple situation like this above:

Country, Amount, Year...I make a report with:

[Year]; [country], [Amount]    it's a matrix with the sum on the row and on the column...

Now I would like to put another field with [country]/[total amount], just to have the percentage of the country compare on the year. 

I tried to make a named calculate in the olap cube ( my data source) like this: SUM([Date].[Year].CURRENTMEMBER, [Measures].[Amount]) but it doesn't get back the sum of the year, it changes just if I put, for example, the country. I would like to fix just the result of every year and after, just on the report, make a calculation like [country]/ [2008]...I'm a little bit ( and more) confusing...any advices? Thank you  

• Merged by Mike Yin Monday, April 22, 2013 10:04 AM duplicate
    Friday, April 19, 2013 9:42 AM
  • Hi DIEGOCTN,

You can add an extra column within the column group, and then use ReportItem references to perform the calculations. Please see the following screenshot:

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by DIEGOCTN Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:16 AM
    Monday, April 22, 2013 10:32 AM
  • Thank you but it doesn't work: =Format(ReportItems!Sales_Amount.Value/ReportItems!Textbox8.value)*100

returns blank....no value, no error.....TextBox8 is the sum of the row...

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:10 AM
  • It works...it was my mistake...thank you a lot.
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:16 AM