open time settings directly from my windows 8 modern app

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to build a win8 modern app in which I am able to open time settings directly from my app using a button rather than the user having to go through the painful way of opening settings and then time settings.

Can someone please tell how to do it.

Thank you very much.

Friday, June 06, 2014 2:04 PM

Answers

• No, the platforms are not identical. The universal app itself is nearly identical, but you'll generally want different UIs for different form factors and the specific services available on the system are not all the same.

Monday, June 09, 2014 3:58 PM
    Owner

All replies

• There are no API for Windows Store apps to automate the system. The user will have to do the navigation herself.
    Friday, June 06, 2014 2:44 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for your reply.

I have seen it in phone apps like whatsApp and Hike. e.g. lock screen settings or screen rotation settings.

And now that there is concept of modern universal apps for all devices, shouldn't it be same behavior across all devices?

Thanks, dDarkLORD

Monday, June 09, 2014 12:47 PM
  • No, the platforms are not identical. The universal app itself is nearly identical, but you'll generally want different UIs for different form factors and the specific services available on the system are not all the same.

Monday, June 09, 2014 3:58 PM
    Owner