apps - When I click on an application it doesn't open

Question

• i installed the windows developer preview. First it ran the apps, but now it doesnt run at all. i click on it and then it shows the opening page, but it doesnt open the app and drop to the start menu. What can be the problem
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:37 PM

Answers

• Check to make sure your resolution is 1024 x 768 or higher.  Metro Apps need at least that to function.  If the resolution meets the minimum then you might try a refresh under control panel.  This will refresh your OS. 

Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:54 PM
  • Try to call all the applications using the Task Manager.

Try to restart Windows.

See if it happens in the future. Be prepared it's just a pre-beta, so it is expected that the Windows and apps are buggy.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:42 PM
  • You can also try to use an external monitor if you are using a device that doesn't support at least 1024x768 natively.

-Curt

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:59 PM

All replies

• Try to call all the applications using the Task Manager.

Try to restart Windows.

See if it happens in the future. Be prepared it's just a pre-beta, so it is expected that the Windows and apps are buggy.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:42 PM
  • Check to make sure your resolution is 1024 x 768 or higher.  Metro Apps need at least that to function.  If the resolution meets the minimum then you might try a refresh under control panel.  This will refresh your OS. 

Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:54 PM
  • You can also try to use an external monitor if you are using a device that doesn't support at least 1024x768 natively.

-Curt

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:59 PM