Maintain session through out the browser RRS feed

• Question

• User637234440 posted

In my silverlight project, I am using a customized membership provider to do the form authentication. I want some function

that make user loggedin automatically if user was already logged in. So is there any way in membership to resuse the logged in session.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:26 AM

Answers

• User-59962394 posted

Hi

Even I am using asp.net member. What you can do is in the login control you  are using, when user logs in store user details in session and if user opens another browser then check the session variation on login page load and redirect to the required page if session is not null otherwise user can login again using login page.

I am using loginview control and my application works without verifying all this but doesn't navigate using to different pages but allows him to access any page in the application. Once logged out from one browser, even the other browser logs the user out of application. I am not sure whats different in your application and what control are you using for login.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:58 AM

All replies

• User-59962394 posted

Hi

I can see my applications working in the same way when using session. Do you have any settings for the session?

Also if you are making the login page as set as start page then even if your session holds the value, it will go to the login page. Might be you can verify that session have value in the page load of login page and redirect it to other page in the application.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:11 AM
  • User637234440 posted

Thanks swapna but here we are using asp.net membership so is there any way to do above task in asp.net membership. 

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:41 PM
  • User-59962394 posted

Hi

Even I am using asp.net member. What you can do is in the login control you  are using, when user logs in store user details in session and if user opens another browser then check the session variation on login page load and redirect to the required page if session is not null otherwise user can login again using login page.

I am using loginview control and my application works without verifying all this but doesn't navigate using to different pages but allows him to access any page in the application. Once logged out from one browser, even the other browser logs the user out of application. I am not sure whats different in your application and what control are you using for login.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:58 AM