none
problem with moving VS.net 2008 app to MS server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• hi there thnx every body for this great effort. 

i've created an application with VS.net 2008 and a got this error with i published this app to MS Server 2003. 

i need your help to overcome this problem.

thnx in advance.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'type'.

Source Error:

Line 2:  <configuration>
    Line 3:  	<configSections>
    Line 4:  		<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
    Line 5:  			<sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
    Line 6:  				<section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>

Source File: E:\Inetpub\Flashy\Flashy\web.config    Line: 4

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2379; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2379 

Monday, June 1, 2009 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It appears that this Forum is not meant for this question as it belongs to MS Server 2003 and not MS Server 2008.
    We are working on MS Server 2008 issues.

It might actually need extensive troubleshooting to find the cause, and you might want to contact CSS by calling 800/936-5800 if from US (see <http://support.microsoft.com/> for calling from other countries) - They can help by spending a lot more time with various troubleshooting than forum answerers and you won't have to wait for replies to your post.

Any how I am providing you below mentioned steps for resolution of your issue.

Few steps to resolve it are:

1. Open IIS

2. START>>RUN >> INETMGR

3. Right Click on Default Web Site and select Properties

Step1

4. Under default web site properties ASP.NET and change ASP.NET Version to 2.0 as mentioned in the picture

.Step2

I hope that clarifies.

Thanks

Abhay

• Proposed as answer by Abhay-MSFT Tuesday, August 25, 2009 12:39 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2009 2:03 PM