none
SharePoint Online - Search REST API - Authenticated users(contribute) - No Results RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

The REST API search query works perfectly with Site collection admin login - refining the filters based on content type id. But for the contribute privilege user search query result has no results.

I could get links from Google to enable for the anonymous users (creating QueryTemplate), but i don't get any pages referring to authenticated users. Do I need to do anything specific to read/edit permissions users? 

I was trying to create the Query Template XML file, but stuck with getting the farm id, as I do not have access to ADMIN center. I have only privileges as Site Collection Admin. How do I get the FARM ID ?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Prasanna 

Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:49 AM

All replies

• Check whether user with contribute permissions has permissions to content with the particular content type id specially if unique permissions are used across lists and libraries.
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:09 PM
  • Yes. the user who created the record does not get the desired result set. But Site Collection Admin got the search results.
    Friday, February 24, 2017 3:03 AM