Navigating internally using hyperlink NavigateToUri with parameters

Question

• Is it possible to navigate to a new frame within the app by hyperlinks NavigateToUri and passing parameters?

I can't user the Click event as the hyperlink is being added to a TextBlock using XamlReader.Load() which cant parse event handlers.

I want to achieve the same behaviour as if I was calling:

Frame.Navigate(typeof(Page2), "Item4");

From in the Click Event handler.

Saturday, May 3, 2014 1:03 PM

Answers

• Not really. You could register a protocol for your app and navigate to that, but it won't be quite so smooth and it isn't guaranteed to come back to your app (the user could choose to associate something else with the protocol).

Do you have enough information in the links to go through the objects returned by XamlReader.Load and wire up the event handlers programmatically?

--Rob

Saturday, May 3, 2014 7:43 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Not really. You could register a protocol for your app and navigate to that, but it won't be quite so smooth and it isn't guaranteed to come back to your app (the user could choose to associate something else with the protocol).

Do you have enough information in the links to go through the objects returned by XamlReader.Load and wire up the event handlers programmatically?

--Rob

Saturday, May 3, 2014 7:43 PM
    Owner
  • Managed to put a workaround together to add the event handlers programmatically after. Thanks!
    Sunday, May 4, 2014 12:54 AM