Stream Analytic Error Output to DocumentDB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have an error while starting stream analytic with output to documentdb, 

Stream Analytics job has validation errors: Member PartitionKey in type Microsoft.Streaming.ObjectModel.Logical.DocumentDbOutputLogicalAdapter cannot be serialized. This exception is usually caused by trying to use a null value where a null value is not allowed. The 'PartitionKey' member is set to its default value (usually null or zero). The member's EmitDefault setting is 'false', indicating that the member should not be serialized. However, the member's IsRequired setting is 'true', indicating that it must be serialized. This conflict cannot be resolved. Consider setting 'PartitionKey' to a non-default value. Alternatively, you can change the EmitDefaultValue property on the DataMemberAttribute attribute to true, or changing the IsRequired property to false.

Thank you

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm sorry you have encountered this issue. It seems like you are encountering a known issue which recently started occurring when a DocumentDb output is created via the new Azure portal and {partitionId} is not specified in the collection name pattern. We are working on fixing the issue soon.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to create the output via the classic portal.

In particular:

1. Go the classic portal https://manage.windowsazure.com/

2. Delete the DocumentDB outputs created via the new portal.

3. Created the needed outputs.

4. Start the job.

Please let us know if this fixes your issue.

Thanks,
    Kati

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm sorry you have encountered this issue. It seems like you are encountering a known issue which recently started occurring when a DocumentDb output is created via the new Azure portal and {partitionId} is not specified in the collection name pattern. We are working on fixing the issue soon.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to create the output via the classic portal.

In particular:

1. Go the classic portal https://manage.windowsazure.com/

2. Delete the DocumentDB outputs created via the new portal.

3. Created the needed outputs.

4. Start the job.

Please let us know if this fixes your issue.

Thanks,
    Kati

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:47 PM
  • Hi, 

Sorry for late reply, okay i will try it later, and i will telling you if it has solved

Thank you

Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:07 PM