Not able to build report server project in VS2005 solution via VS2005 command-prompt but builds fine via VS2005 IDE, why? RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble building a VS2005 solution via the Visual Studio 2005 Command-Prompt but I am able to build when using Visual Studio 2005 IDE. I am getting the following error output for the report server project that fails when building using the Visual Studio 2005 Command-Prompt.

------ Rebuild All started: Project: Reports_VDOT, Configuration: Production ------
    Error : Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
    Error : Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
    Build complete -- 5 errors, 0 warnings

However, when I open the solution on Visual Studio 2005, the project does not fail when I build it. Does anyone know why this is happening?  I can't do my nightly build with this problem.

Here is the command line used:  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.com" "C:\filepath\filename.sln" /rebuild "Release|Mixed Platforms"

The configuration settings are set the same for both.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 9:52 PM

Answers