Report creation on Windows Store App Line-of-Business App.

Question

• Hi guys! 

I'm creating a LOB (line-of-business) app for windows store app and reached to a point where we need to design and create a report for one of the data we store in a SQLite database.

I did some research on the web, unfortunately without success. I couldn't find anything like Crystalreports for Windows Store Apps environment.

What do you guys use or suggest use for creating reports?

Thanks a lot!

Friday, June 13, 2014 4:48 PM

Answers

• Which controls to use will depend on what you want your report to look like. I'm not aware of any canned "report" controls, but you can build your own control that looks however is appropriate and bind it to your underlying data. Hosting it in an ItemsControl such as a GridView, Listview, or FlipView will allow showing multiple records.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by DevDoubts Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:35 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 1:41 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi DevDoubts,

There are several 3rd party reporting controls that you can look into, or you can do the search and build a UI for it in Xaml.

See http://www.bing.com/search?q=winrt+reporting+control

Community members may be able to give more specific suggestions.

Saturday, June 14, 2014 6:33 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob, thanks for your answer.

I did not find any tool 3rd party tool for winrt. I saw in the link you posted several sources for SQL Reporting Services and this is not my context right now. 

This is a standalone app running on Windows 8.1 devices, a Windows Store App project that stores data in a SQLite database. So in this case, what would (did) use?

Any suggestion would be great. In the case of building my own, I just don't know what xaml control should I use, I don't even know how to make sure this control that will be my report will handle page sizes (letter, A4).

If you could place a link to a 3rd party will be great. A link to any tutorial will be wonderful. 

Thanks a lot.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 3:57 AM
  • Which controls to use will depend on what you want your report to look like. I'm not aware of any canned "report" controls, but you can build your own control that looks however is appropriate and bind it to your underlying data. Hosting it in an ItemsControl such as a GridView, Listview, or FlipView will allow showing multiple records.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by DevDoubts Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:35 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 1:41 AM
    Owner