Show badge count only on lockscreen and not on live tile

Question

• I am trying to create badge for our app on lockscreen in windows store javascript app, but the badge count is coming on live tile's bottom-right corner as well.

Is there any way to show badge on only lockscreen and not on live tile?

Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:16 AM

Answers

• You shouldn't show the badge number in the text of the tile. See the User experience guidelines for badges :

Inappropriate use of badges

• Don't repeat badge numbers elsewhere in a wide tile's body content, because the two instances could be out of sync at times.

--Rob
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:22 AM
    Owner

All replies

• The badge appears on both.

What is your scenario that it would be appropriate to show the badge on the lock screen but not on the tile?

Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:40 AM
    Owner
  • I am using TileWideBlockAndText01 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh761491.aspx#TileWideBlockAndText01) type tile to show count in text field 5 (3 in msdn's example tile). When i add badge for lockscreen and update it, the count comes on live tile as well, which makes it coming twice on live tile.

I.e. One in text field 5 and another in bottom-right corner. I want to avoid the bottom-right corner badge count.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:17 AM
  • You shouldn't show the badge number in the text of the tile. See the User experience guidelines for badges :

Inappropriate use of badges

• Don't repeat badge numbers elsewhere in a wide tile's body content, because the two instances could be out of sync at times.

--Rob
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:22 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks rob
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:28 AM