none
endless 'Discovery is in progress' RRS feed

• Question

• after 12 hours I am in 'Discovery is in progress', I think something is not ok (I am trying to discover only two test hosts, to start with Migrate)

all is ok in Appliance Configurator (3 green checks), but of couse something is missing

• Edited by naevus Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:52 AM removed vpn
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:21 AM

All replies

• Select Refresh on the Servers tab. This should show the count of the discovered servers in the Server Assessment and Server Migration tiles. 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/migrate/troubleshooting-general#discovery-issues 

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:41 AM
  • done of course, 20 times in 20 hours, nothing changes. I also restarted the applicance OS without success
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:46 AM
  • Please specify is it V1 or V2 appliance?

Also could you send me your subscription ID and snapshot of the screen where you're seeing discovery in progress message to AzCommunity[AT] Microsoft dot com, add "Attn: Sadiqh Ahmed" to the subject line, and the link to this forum thread.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 9:14 AM
  • latest one, I am testing a brand new migration of win2008 from vmware without agent.

I reinstalled all (redeployed appliance and delete resource group) but issue is still there.

I assume some port is closed, but those green marks are misleading... where are logs to check what's going on on appliance?

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:36 AM
  • It seems that permission for credentials used to connect to the vCenter is not properly set. For discovery to work, can you grant read-only access to all the parent objects where the VMs are hosted. All parent objects - host, folder of hosts, cluster, folder of clusters - in the hierarchy up to the data center are to be included. These permissions are to be propagated to child objects in the hierarchy.

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:49 AM