none
Routing Crashes IIS Express

Question

• I have a web forms applications that uses URL Routing and has been running just fine for a while.

I recently changed the target Framework from 4.0 to 4.5.
    I also updated VS2015 to Update 3.

Now the application crashes IIS Express every time I try a link in the app that uses routing.
    Direct links to standard URLs work fine - only the routes crash IIS Express.

Each time IIS Express crashes, it reports the fault against a different system DLL.

I'm left with a several questions:

Did the move from framework 4.0 to 4.5 break routing?
    Did Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 break routing?
    Did Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 break IIS Express?
    Is there some other specific scenario that would cause routing in a web forms app to crash IIS Express?

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hi R Land,

Thanks for your post.

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Update3 and I can't reproduce your issue.

Could you please tell me how did you Routing URL? Please provide us a simple code of it.

>>Each time IIS Express crashes, it reports the fault against a different system DLL.

Also if possible, please share us a screenshot of the UI and provide us the detailed steps to reproduce your issue.

Please try to create a new APS.NET Web form application in your VS2015 Update3 then Routing the RUL and test it again. Check whether it have  the same problem.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 6:05 AM