I need to total radio button lists responses from a survey to another page, how can I code this? RRS feed

• Question

• User1478359133 posted

I need to total the responses from several radio button lists from a survey to another page, how can I code this? The responses are yes or no for each set of rbl's. I couldn't get a screenshot of the survey to load on here. Below is code that I started but I don't think it is right. I'm thinking I will need individual if, else statements for each radio button list but not sure how to do this so it will add the total number of yes or no for each response for say a two week period. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

//User defined method to calculate the survey results
    private void DisplaySurveyResults()
    {
    if (lblTrainerOnTime = checked)
    {

}

Monday, December 3, 2012 11:27 PM

Answers

• User-151368862 posted

I can talk about what I posted earlier
    So use Google, to know how to use a string array, when you will get to know how to declare
    and fill up a string array of 10 elements, then you should learn how to put any thing inside the session
    then you will learn how to retrieve it in next page, and then you will learn how to Conver object as the session will
    store the object in default form (it doenst know weather it is an array or any thing other special)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 11:58 PM

All replies

• User-151368862 posted

I dont know how many pages are their to complete a survey from start
    if the number of questions is around 20 then, I think you can use
    Arrays or Hash lists, fill up a simple array or hash list with checked values, and pass it to session
    on next page, get the array object from session, and fill up more, so on to complete the pages

Monday, December 3, 2012 11:33 PM
  • User1478359133 posted

There are only about 10, and I'm new to this so not sure how to go about it. I have bought a book and trying to teach myself and challenge myself but can't find or understand well enough how to take the responses from one page add them up to display on another page. My coding ability is fairly limited at this point. 

Monday, December 3, 2012 11:45 PM
  • User-151368862 posted

I can talk about what I posted earlier
    So use Google, to know how to use a string array, when you will get to know how to declare
    and fill up a string array of 10 elements, then you should learn how to put any thing inside the session
    then you will learn how to retrieve it in next page, and then you will learn how to Conver object as the session will
    store the object in default form (it doenst know weather it is an array or any thing other special)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 11:58 PM