none
Associate two existings apps - Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Store 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have two apps in the store. One for Windows Phone 8.1 and one for Windows 8.1. Both applications are payed apps. Is it possible to associate the two apps, so for example that the user that bought the phone app can use the windows store app without paying for both.

I have read and tried the following articles.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn642076%28v=vs.105%29.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tunisia/archive/2014/05/25/how-to-associate-your-published-windows-phone-app-to-your-published-windows-store-app-share-your-app-s-identity-without-coding.aspx

I'm already having the new dashboard version. I cannot find a button to associate the two packages. Is it possible in any way?

I looking under / App / App management / Manage app names, but there is only a "Reserve app name" button. There is no possibility to choose other existing app names from my dashboard to associate them.

Thanks,

Bernhard

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:50 PM

Answers

• I requested the MS support and can say that there is no solution. For me this is very annoying.

I solved my problem with the following workaround...

- I added a message to one app "This app will be outdated. Please switch to the following app <click link>". I changed the app name to "App Name Old". I checked "Hide App from Store"

- I uploaded a phone package to the other windows app and switched the app to be free. In the app description I added "Now free for a short time" to the top.

- After a month I switch the other app back to be a paid app

- Users that not have switched in that month can write me a mail and then will get a link with a promotional code link to get a free copy of the app.

For me all this was a lot of work for nothing. The Microsoft support does nothing except that they explain that they can do nothing.   :(

• Marked as answer by BernhardE Monday, October 26, 2015 8:28 AM
    • Edited by BernhardE Monday, October 26, 2015 8:29 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2015 8:28 AM

All replies

• No answer?
    Monday, August 31, 2015 9:15 AM
  • I've the very same question...

Hope someone will share some light...

Matteo Marcianò - founder of ByteStorms

Saturday, October 24, 2015 10:28 AM
  • I requested the MS support and can say that there is no solution. For me this is very annoying.

I solved my problem with the following workaround...

- I added a message to one app "This app will be outdated. Please switch to the following app <click link>". I changed the app name to "App Name Old". I checked "Hide App from Store"

- I uploaded a phone package to the other windows app and switched the app to be free. In the app description I added "Now free for a short time" to the top.

- After a month I switch the other app back to be a paid app

- Users that not have switched in that month can write me a mail and then will get a link with a promotional code link to get a free copy of the app.

For me all this was a lot of work for nothing. The Microsoft support does nothing except that they explain that they can do nothing.   :(

• Marked as answer by BernhardE Monday, October 26, 2015 8:28 AM
    • Edited by BernhardE Monday, October 26, 2015 8:29 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2015 8:28 AM
  • Hi BernhardE,

that did the trick! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, you spared me a lot of time banging my head on the wall.

Cheers,

Matteo

Matteo Marcianò - founder of ByteStorms

Saturday, November 7, 2015 11:15 AM