Blocking network traffic while running tests RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to run all my tests under non network environment to make sure tests are not making any network calls.  I want to do this in my production test environment, so the box would have network available, only my tests should not.

Is it possible? Please suggest how to do it.  At any point of time when tests are running, the box would have network available to communicate to the build hosts etc.

Friday, January 29, 2016 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Bravo2007,

Thanks for your friendly response.

I think I know the real issue, if you couldn't use the real network in your company for remote tests, one idea is that you could set up the Intranet in your side using different machines. As my understand, the controller and agent could be interactive each other. Is it the solution you want to use?

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Bravo2007,

Generally we run the test using two ways.

(1) Local running.

(2) Remote running.

I think you could run your test normally without network locally.

But if you run them remotely, the test agent will connect with test controller using the network, so the test controller could send the messages to the agent, and then let it to run the tests.

So if you mean that you want to run your test remotely, I think it would have a network requirement.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, February 1, 2016 12:16 PM
  • Jack,

What i am trying to achieve is making sure that my tests does not connect to network at all.. I don't care about the box or the other processes having network availability, but the process that runs the tests should not connect to the network of any time (TCP/HTTP etc)... What I heard is, in JAVA, its possible because you can configure process's proxy connection, which mean JVM would use that proxy setting for network connection. I am not sure if we have anything like that in CLR. 

Do you know anything like that available and possible?

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 8:55 PM
  • Hi Bravo2007,

Thanks for your friendly response.

I think I know the real issue, if you couldn't use the real network in your company for remote tests, one idea is that you could set up the Intranet in your side using different machines. As my understand, the controller and agent could be interactive each other. Is it the solution you want to use?

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:22 AM