none
SQL server Integration services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have some production server and only  SQL server integration services are running on that all Production servers.

we are planning to remove the integration service. we asked application team for the confirmation. But they said they don't know why integration services are running. So we need to check the integration service usage before remove the service.

If possible to take backup of Integration service.

Regards, 

karthik

Friday, March 24, 2017 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi karthik,

It is possible to backup the packages in the "Integration service" and MSDB and/or SSISDB. But not "Integration service" as an installation.

But please post 1st what version of "Integration service" is installed.

The backup approach will depend where the packages (if any) are deployed, and how used.

Too vague of a question by the way to help you any further.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Friday, March 24, 2017 8:40 PM
  • HI 

SQL server 2008 R2 Integration service installed on production server But no Other SQL service are installed.

Like SQL server, SQL server Agent, SQL server Reporting service & SQL server Analytical service.

No SSMS also.

Regards,

karthik B

Friday, March 24, 2017 11:52 PM
  • HI 

SQL server 2008 R2 Integration service installed on production server But no Other SQL service are installed.

Like SQL server, SQL server Agent, SQL server Reporting service & SQL server Analytical service.

No SSMS also.

Regards,

karthik B

Doesnt that mean you'll be executing the package from jobs scheduled on a different server? For scheduling, execution from job etc you would need database engine. Also in that case package will actually be executed from the other server where jobs are scheduled utilizing its resources rather than server in which they're actually stored.

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Saturday, March 25, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Hi Karthik1202,

Since you did not install the other SQL Services on the machine, the SSIS packages should be stored in file systems. You can just backup the packages directly from file system. To backup Integration service, in a sense of taking backup of the SSIS catalog, see: Backup, Restore, and Move the SSIS Catalog. So, in your scenario, I'm afraid there's no appropriate approach to take backup of Integration service if you only have the Integration instance on the machine.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:02 AM