none
Correct process to get hub and spoke Azure SQL databases back into sync? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question which I'm hoping someone here can answer: if the hub and spoke databases go out of sync for any reason, what is the correct process to get them all back into sync with each other?

It seems to me, from our experience with using the Azure SQL data sync, is that once the databases go out of sync, there’s no way to get them back into sync, even when the subsequent data syncs run successfully.

Thank you.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Stephan, can you please clarify what you mean by "hub and spoke databases go out of sync"?  What proceeding events led to the hub and spoke being out of sync?  And what steps were taken after hub and spoke being out of sync to get the subsequent run successfully again?
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:56 AM
  • Hi Stephan,

SQL data sync leverage on insert/update/delete trigger to know the underlying table has been changed, so if there's changes have been made to the table without trigger awared, the change could be missed by sync. For example, if the data was populated by bulk copy, then it will not be tracked by sync. Is that possible in your scenario?

panchao

Monday, May 25, 2015 4:14 AM