Transfering PowerView sheets to another Excel Binder RRS feed

• Question

• Dear PowerPivot gurus,

I just installed PowerView and PowerPivot, I made my queries, formulas, I put everything in a PowerView sheet in a Excel Binder.

Other colleagues did the same but worked on a different binder.

Question is: how can i merge those two binders in order to have, in a unique file, all my Powerview sheets?

Many many thanks in advance,

regards

Pedro

Thursday, May 7, 2015 3:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Pedro,

If I assume that by 'binder' you mean 'workbook', then the approach that I'm about to describe will work only if the same Data Model is present in both workbooks.

Start by disabling Power View (i.e. via Options > Add-Ins - COM Add-In > Uncheck 'Power View' then click 'OK').

Now your Power View worksheets will behave like normal worksheets so you can simply right click a worksheet, click 'Move or Copy...' and then select the workbook that you want to move it to. You can use this method to move all of the Power View worksheets to the other workbook. Once you're done, you can re-enable the Power View Add-in.

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Friday, May 8, 2015 4:59 PM
  • Hi Pedro,

According to your desscription, you need to merge multiple PowerView workbooks into one PowerView workbook, right?

Based on my research, there is no such a functionally to merge multiple PowerView workbooks into one PowerView workbook, you can use the workaround that provided by Michael Amadi. Or you can combine data from multiple Excel Workbooks with Power Query, and then create a new PowerView report based on this new workshop, please refer to the link below to see the details.
    https://cwebbbi.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/combining-data-from-multiple-excel-workbooks-with-power-querythe-easy-way/

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Saturday, May 16, 2015 4:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, May 18, 2015 8:48 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Pedro,

If I assume that by 'binder' you mean 'workbook', then the approach that I'm about to describe will work only if the same Data Model is present in both workbooks.

Start by disabling Power View (i.e. via Options > Add-Ins - COM Add-In > Uncheck 'Power View' then click 'OK').

Now your Power View worksheets will behave like normal worksheets so you can simply right click a worksheet, click 'Move or Copy...' and then select the workbook that you want to move it to. You can use this method to move all of the Power View worksheets to the other workbook. Once you're done, you can re-enable the Power View Add-in.

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Friday, May 8, 2015 4:59 PM
  • Hi Pedro,

According to your desscription, you need to merge multiple PowerView workbooks into one PowerView workbook, right?

Based on my research, there is no such a functionally to merge multiple PowerView workbooks into one PowerView workbook, you can use the workaround that provided by Michael Amadi. Or you can combine data from multiple Excel Workbooks with Power Query, and then create a new PowerView report based on this new workshop, please refer to the link below to see the details.
    https://cwebbbi.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/combining-data-from-multiple-excel-workbooks-with-power-querythe-easy-way/

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Saturday, May 16, 2015 4:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, May 18, 2015 8:48 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 2:45 AM