Preview in Browser vs SuperPreview RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everyone,

Have a quick query, as the title says,
    I am creating a website in EW3 about 80% complete (not uploaded yet)

When I preview my webpage in a single browser it views fine, but when I preview in Superpreview or Snapshot (IE8 & Firefox) it shows a div and content out of place or out of alignment

Any ideas why this could is the case? or is it just related to my own IE 8 browser?

Cheers
    Paul

Friday, September 4, 2009 10:22 PM

Answers

• Try previewing it in FireFpx and then clicking tools > Error console and see if any errors are shown.

Also IIRC, FF has a habit of defaulting to 20 pixels of padding on some elements, so these will need padding set to 0px using CSS.

Expression Web MVP
    • Marked as answer by paullyie Friday, September 4, 2009 10:59 PM
    Friday, September 4, 2009 10:49 PM

All replies

• ====================================
    Please see the following forum thread for posting guidelines:
    Pay particular attention to Item #1 in the User FAQs. There is a reason why it is item #1.
    ====================================

We cannot troubleshoot display issues that we cannot see. Period.

cheers,
    scott

Plural's don't have apostrophe's. It seem's sometime's that any word's ending in "s" get a gratuitous apostrophe. Apostrophe's are used to indicate possessive's and elision's (contraction's or abbreviation's).
    Friday, September 4, 2009 10:25 PM
  • Apologies  Scott

Here you go, I've just uploaded the one page and content that I'm having an issue with,

http://www.canpak.ie/services.html

Thanks
    Paul
    Friday, September 4, 2009 10:48 PM
  • Try previewing it in FireFpx and then clicking tools > Error console and see if any errors are shown.

Also IIRC, FF has a habit of defaulting to 20 pixels of padding on some elements, so these will need padding set to 0px using CSS.

Expression Web MVP
    • Marked as answer by paullyie Friday, September 4, 2009 10:59 PM
    Friday, September 4, 2009 10:49 PM
  • Doh and double Doh.... sorry lads,

I had all my padding set to zero everywhere else except for one small div in that section, that was throwing it out
    That has solved the problem

Thanks
    Paul
    Friday, September 4, 2009 10:59 PM
  • While you're in SP you might want to check it in IE6. It's broken there, with the "Manual Print Finsishing Services" offset a few hundred pixels to the right. Remember, 12% to 35% of visitors, depending upon audience projected, still using IE6. Just sayin'...

cheers,
    scott
    Plural's don't have apostrophe's. It seem's sometime's that any word's ending in "s" get a gratuitous apostrophe. Apostrophe's are used to indicate possessive's and elision's (contraction's or abbreviation's).
    Friday, September 4, 2009 11:15 PM
  • SuperPreview Vs Browser Preview.

I am in work in progress converting my old FP website. When I preview a page via the already downloaded browsers IE 8.0 (1024x768) , Mozilla Firefox (1024x768), Opera (1024x768), Safari (1024x768), and googleChrome (1024x768) in EW 3 the results are exactly identical with satisfaction.

When I check the same page by EW3 SuprePreview Firefox gives the similar result like browser preview in EW3. However, IE 6 and IE 8 -7 differ little bit and surprisingly IE 8 differs too.

Do I have to work to correct this or just ignore guessing Browser view is more accurate than EW3 Super Preview?

Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:13 AM
  • Preview in browser running through the local development server will give you the most accurate rendering, especially if there is javascript or media on the page. SuperPreveiw does a snapshot at a certain point of page load. Any javascript or media that changes after that initial load won't run. This means that some javascript onload or windows.onload will display correctly but not all. So if there is a conflict between what you see when you preview in browser and when you use SuperPreview - go with preview in browser. That is always going to be the most accurate you will get on your computers.

Other comptuers may be slightly different (primarily color) due to the user's settings.

MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com and online instructor led Expression Classes
    • Proposed as answer by Siva Sivakumar Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:23 PM
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:24 PM