none
Accessing body from new compose using v1.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to support On-Prem Exchange 2013 which relies on v1.1 of the add-in API. With v1.3 I could use Office.context.mailbox.item.body.getAsync(). I was going to work around this using EWS but I need an itemId. Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync() is also only available starting in v1.3 so I can't force a save using that first.

How do I go about getting the body or the itemId in v1.1 of a new compose email?

Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:41 PM

Answers

• Hello Alex,

You've done full research on your options to work with the body of the new compose message as of you need 1.3 level of API.

Slava Ivanov

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, August 8, 2016 1:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, August 8, 2016 1:41 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:26 PM
  • >>>How do I go about getting the body or the itemId in v1.1 of a new compose email?

According to your description, the getAsync method on the Body was introduced in Mailbox version 1.3, which isn’t supported by Outlook 2013. It is supported by Outlook 2016.

In addition if you have any feedback for Office Dev, please feel free to submit them to User Voice:

https://officespdev.uservoice.com/

Thanks for your understanding.
    • Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Sunday, August 7, 2016 2:16 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hello Alex,

You've done full research on your options to work with the body of the new compose message as of you need 1.3 level of API.

Slava Ivanov

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, August 8, 2016 1:41 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:26 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is for developers discussing Office 365 developing issues. Since the issue is more relative to the Outlook add-in, I would like move it to Developing Apps for Office 2013 forum.

Regards & Jupiter

Friday, July 29, 2016 5:43 AM
  • >>>How do I go about getting the body or the itemId in v1.1 of a new compose email?

According to your description, the getAsync method on the Body was introduced in Mailbox version 1.3, which isn’t supported by Outlook 2013. It is supported by Outlook 2016.

In addition if you have any feedback for Office Dev, please feel free to submit them to User Voice:

https://officespdev.uservoice.com/

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Sunday, August 7, 2016 2:16 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 5:52 AM