none
Exchange2010 SP1 OWA question: pass login details to OWA logon.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a few child domains exist in the forest. When they access our company main OWA, they have to type in domain\username to login. We want to implement a page which allows user to select the child domain name from the page with username and password. It will then pass these info to the logon.aspx. Is this possible to do? I am thinking to create a page e.g. called pre-login.aspx instead of modify logon.aspx. Then just direct Exchange OWA to use this pre-login.aspx. The page will then pass credential information to logon.aspx.

Friday, May 13, 2011 6:55 AM

Answers

• Got it sorted.

Just used following line to pass value to the textbox

document.logonForm.username.value = domName;

• Marked as answer by aha_tom Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:21 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:21 AM

All replies

• You would need to modify the existing logon.aspx page (to read the values posted from the pre-login page), which means that you will then need to periodically check that your modifcations have not been overwritten by a new logon page contained in a future service pack or rollup.

You might have better luck just posting your values to the owaauth.dll file, bypassing the logon page completely.

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
    www.owa-pda.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
    Friday, May 13, 2011 12:31 PM
  • i have since created a list of radio buttons in the logon.aspx. Each raido button represent a child domain. My goal is once the radio button been clicked, it will holds the value of the child domain like "US\", "NZ\" or "Contos\". Then this value will be passed to the "username" textpad as its value. I am not sure if a Javascript is necessary or there is a simple way to achieve this. I am thinking to use a function chkDom(radioObj) to handle the radio input. Below is part of my current logon.aspx code. The only piece missing is how to pass userDom value to txtpad username's value ???????.

<table <%=tblStyle%>>

<col class="nowrap">

<col class="w100">

<col>

<tr>

<td colspan="2">Location</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input id="rdoAU" type="radio" name="userDom" value="CONTOSO\" class="rdo" onclick="chkDom(rdoAU)" checked</td>

<td><label for="rdoAU"><%=" Choose this if you are a <b>CONTOSO</b> Domain user" %></label></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input id="rdoNZ" type="radio" name="userDom" value="NZ\" class="rdo" onclick="chkDom(rdoNZ)" checked</td>

<td><label for="rdoNZ"><%=" Choose this if you are a <b>NZ</b> Domain user" %></label></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input id="rdoUS" type="radio" name="userDom" value="US\" class="rdo" onclick="chkDom(rdoUS)" checked</td>

<td><label for="rdoUS"><%=" Choose this if you are a <b>US</b> Domain user" %></label></td>

</tr>

<tr><td><hr></td></tr>						

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<table <%=tblStyle%>>

<col class="nowrap">

<col class="w100">

<col>

<tr>

<td nowrap><label for="username"><%=UserNameLabel%></label></td>

<td class="txtpad"><input id="username" name="username" type="text" class="txt" value="???????????" ></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td nowrap><label for="password"><%=LocalizedStrings.GetHtmlEncoded(Strings.IDs.PasswordColon) %></label></td>

<td class="txtpad"><input id="password" name="password" type="password" class="txt" onfocus="g_fFcs=0"></td>

</tr>

Here is the javascript bit:

<script type="text/javascript">

/// Scirpt to check User location

var domName="";

function chkDom(radioObj)

{

domName=radioObj.value;

}

</script>

• Edited by aha_tom Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:29 AM Correction
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:26 AM
  • Got it sorted.

Just used following line to pass value to the textbox

document.logonForm.username.value = domName;

• Marked as answer by aha_tom Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:21 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:21 AM
  • I am trying to do the exact same thing.  Where would I be able to pass "document.logonForm.username.value = domName;"?  I tried this:

<td class="txtpad"><input id="username" name="username" type="text" class="txt"

value="document.logonForm.username.value = domName;"></td>

however, it did not work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ben

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Figured it out.  Just placed the code into the javascript section.  Thanks for your original code aha_tom!

Ben

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:42 PM