Query didnt support in Azure Active directory RRS feed

• Question

• HI Team,

I have Query joining multiple tables.

Source and Destination both are azure database.

Steps:

1.Create New pipeline

2.Activity(here have select Move and Tranform Then have drog drop here COPY DATA

3.Source is My Query

4.Destination is My destination table

5.MAPPING here i am facing error

but i have fixed this issue: I have create same destination table strucure in Source DB

Then Mapping no error.

My question:Without creating source table(same strucure destination table) we fixed this issue.

because unnessary creating table without data in Source(I have 67 query mean i need create 67 table in source database)

Thanks

Aruna

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Aruna,

You could try aliasing your source column name same as destination column name in the query. 

Example: Below is my SQL join query used in source dataset of the Copy Activity:

SELECT C.CustomerID AS NewCustomerID , 
    C.FirstName AS NewFirstName, 
    C.MiddleName AS NewMiddleName,
    C.LastName AS NewLastName, 
    CA.AddressID AS NewAddressID, 
    CA.AddressType AS NewAddressType 
    FROM [SalesLT].[Customer] C WITH(NOLOCK) 
    LEFT JOIN [SalesLT].[CustomerAddress] CA WITH(NOLOCK) ON C.CustomerID = CA.CustomerID 
    WHERE C.CustomerID > 30110

Here is how my destination table looks like:

SELECT [NewCustomerID]
          ,[NewFirstName]
          ,[NewMiddleName]
          ,[NewLastName]
          ,[NewAddressID]
          ,[NewAddressType]
      FROM [SalesLT].[CustomerTestingTable]

This way you can avoid creating tables on source side.

Please do let us know if this helps.

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:40 PM
  • Hi Aruna,

Just checking to see if the suggestion helped to solve your issue? If so, please click "Mark as Answer" and/or click "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster

Thank you.

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:28 PM
  • Hi Aruna,

Just checking to see if you still need assistance on this issue.

Thank you.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:07 PM