none
missing vhd

Question

• I am using MSDN subscription to run a small (A1) VM. It was created in 2013 and was running happily since then until yesterday. Yesterday it got stopped and deallocated because I run out of credit one day before end of billing period. I thought I will wait one day and run it again. But no.

It turned out that the VM would not start again. Azure claims it is started but I cannot connect to it, there is no way to see what is wrong (cannot enable boot diagnosis) so I decided to just create a new one using "resource manager". I managed to do it after a bit of fighting with Azure UI but there is a bigger problem.

I cannot find my disk. Actually just one of the disks. I had an LVM2 volume group that had 30GB and 70GB disks plus there was a 30GB system disk. Right now on my storage account I can only find the two 30GB disks. The 70GB one is gone. Is there any way to find out whether I deleted it (I am sure I did nothing like that), is it possible to somehow get any reference to it (resource guid?), is it possible to restore it somehow?

Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:31 PM

All replies