none
VBA code to play the MP3 RSS Feed from my Outlook Folder RRS feed

• Question

• I have been around the block with this question and it was suggested that I post this here.  If this is incorrect then may someone please tell me where to go.

• I have enabled the automated RSSfeed for a talk show from a web site. I seek help to develop the VBA code to play the latest RSSFeed MP3 from said folder.

I am designing a "Juke Box" in excel for someone that has no longer has the physical ability to run a computer so this will to be built into a scheduler that is already working.

If Microsoft would design Windows to ADA compliance, I probably would not have to do this. 

Everything I know I learned from my cat. No matter what the situation is, there is a napp for that.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 4:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The Outlook object model doesn't provide anything for playing MP3 RSS feed. You may handle the ItemAdd event of the Items class which is fired when one or more items are added to the specified collection. So, you can be aware when a new item comes in and play an MP3 file programmatically. 

Finally, you may find the Getting Started with VBA in Outlook 2010 article in MSDN helpful. 

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 7:51 PM
  • Being aware as to when something arrives is not important.  The podcasts will arrive all week.  It is my hope to play the podcast on Saturday or Sunday according to schedule. 

Is there some way to design a custom rule, for example, to extract the MP3 file to a given folder upon arrival?
    From there, I could direct the player to that folder.

Everything I know I learned from my cat. No matter what the situation is, there is a napp for that.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 12:15 AM
  • Hi Emerogork2,

How do you get the MP3 file in a mail?

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Hi Emerogork2,

How do you get the MP3 file in a mail?

Regards

Starain

RSS/E-Mail  they come in as attachments.  I set up rules to place them in their respective mailboxes.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Hi Emerogork2,

You could handle the ItemAdd event, then save the attachments files to the specified folder.

# Attachment.SaveAsFile Method

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff869359.aspx  

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:26 AM
  • Starain,

I have already suggested to use the ItemAdd event of the Items class. There is no need to save files on the disk. The PeopertyAccessor can be used to read a byte array and then play it.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:47 PM
  • The example serves well. I am looking into it to see how to modify it for mt needs.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:36 PM