CPU temperature RRS feed

• Question

• Is there anyway to get CPU temperature using C# or C++ (or even Java)? I want a simple yes/no answer.

I already searched google for hours, I know about WMI and no the temp_probe class or whatever doesn't do anything.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:32 PM

Answers

• If the WMI's Win32_TemperatureProbe doesn't work then the simple answer is no.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:50 AM
  • Drivers or something similar that support instrumentation through WMI must be installed, then you might be able to get this information from the wmi.  Not all hardware manufactures send this info to the wmi.

It's not achievable on the .NET platform since it doesn't access "low level" properties. the closest thing is WMI or to use some 3rd party SDK to do this.

Win32_TemperatureProbe call

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:44 AM

All replies

•  Maranello wrote:
    Is there anyway to get CPU temperature using C# or C++ (or even Java)? I want a simple yes/no answer.

Does your machine offer you this functionality?
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 9:19 PM
  • Yes it does along with other machines I own.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:18 PM
  • If the WMI's Win32_TemperatureProbe doesn't work then the simple answer is no.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:50 AM
  • Drivers or something similar that support instrumentation through WMI must be installed, then you might be able to get this information from the wmi.  Not all hardware manufactures send this info to the wmi.

It's not achievable on the .NET platform since it doesn't access "low level" properties. the closest thing is WMI or to use some 3rd party SDK to do this.

Win32_TemperatureProbe call

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:44 AM
  • First you must know what monitor chip on your mother-board.
    http://temperature.myweb.hinet.net/index_en.htm
    The web show 2 examples of Winbond Chip(Hardware Monitor logic device ). Source code maybe help you.
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:17 PM