none
Microsoft Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• So I am trying to get a custom fields setting to show up in Resource Usage and I have done a bunch of research on that and it looks like I am going to have to write a VBA Code. I have never written a macro before and was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me with this. 
    Monday, April 29, 2019 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it help? This is a procedure and VBA macro for sending custom fields values from task to resource view and vice-versa.

http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm#Custom%20Fields%20in%20Tables

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, April 29, 2019 3:53 PM
  • I have seen this a couple of times when researching on the internet but I do not want to mess up my entire project. I know how to get to the macro area. But, I am not sure where I would put that VBA macro at. I have not been able to find any videos on this. 
    Monday, April 29, 2019 3:56 PM
  • User,

Depending on the version of Project you are using, the exact steps may be a bit different, but here are the basics. Note, this assumes you did a full install of Project such that the VBA components are installed.

1. Find the Developer tab on the ribbon. If you do not have a Developer tab, you may need to add it via "customize the ribbon".

2. On the Developer tab select Code group > Visual Basic to open the VB Editor

3. On the VB Editor menu select Insert > Module. A blank code window will open

4. Copy and insert the macro code from the link Guillaume provided into the window

5. Now go to Run > Run Sub/UserForm

That should do it. The module containing the macro is now attached to your file. If you want to be able to run on any file, I suggest you first identify the Module name (shown at the top of the VB Editor window that contains the macro code), and then go to the Organizer and use the Modules tab to transfer the module to your Global file.

For reference, here is a link to a Wiki article that is for a different macro but includes more information, including an installation and setup section.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32126.ms-project-truncated-project-notes-when-viewingexporting.aspx

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, April 29, 2019 4:30 PM