Cannot connect to VM using RDP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When i try to connect VM via RDP it always throw error "Credentials that were use to connect to xxx.cloudapp.net didn't work. Please enter new credentials." But i didn't change anything thing i just use username and password that i use when i create that VM.

Is their any method for giving credentials? or any other idea how can i log in to my VM?

In endpoints i have remote desktop with default port address.

Janak

Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Which region is that VM in? Have you changed anything in the VM that cannot be accessed? What error message you have received when connecting?  

If the issue was due to the credentials, please make sure that you have entered the correct user name and password. If you have installed VM agent on the VM, you can also refer to the link below:

Enable RDP or Reset Password with the VM Agent

If the above are not helpful, please resize the VM if you have no important data on the D: in that VM as all data on the D: will be lost when changing the virtual machine size and the VM ends up on a different host.

More information:

Troubleshooting Endpoint Connectivity (RDP/SSH/HTTP, etc. failures)

Best regards,

Bharath

• Proposed as answer by Bharath Kumar P Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Janaks Friday, November 14, 2014 8:11 AM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

Please make sure the displayed domain name is the could service DNS name. Maybe it is due to the default doman name is not the DNS name of the cloud service that VM belongs to. You can use xxx.cloudapp.net\username as the user name to connect.

More information:

[Forum FAQ] How to troubleshoot common RDP issues for Windows Virtual Machines in Azure

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which region is that VM in? Have you changed anything in the VM that cannot be accessed? What error message you have received when connecting?  

If the issue was due to the credentials, please make sure that you have entered the correct user name and password. If you have installed VM agent on the VM, you can also refer to the link below:

Enable RDP or Reset Password with the VM Agent

If the above are not helpful, please resize the VM if you have no important data on the D: in that VM as all data on the D: will be lost when changing the virtual machine size and the VM ends up on a different host.

More information:

Troubleshooting Endpoint Connectivity (RDP/SSH/HTTP, etc. failures)

Best regards,

Bharath

• Proposed as answer by Bharath Kumar P Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:50 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

Please make sure the displayed domain name is the could service DNS name. Maybe it is due to the default doman name is not the DNS name of the cloud service that VM belongs to. You can use xxx.cloudapp.net\username as the user name to connect.

More information:

[Forum FAQ] How to troubleshoot common RDP issues for Windows Virtual Machines in Azure

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:20 PM