none
Issues with the forums today RRS feed

• General discussion

• For the past few hours I have not been able to read any post on any of the forums, using Chrome browser, was getting 

So I switched to "incognito" mode and no "bad request"

So I was wondering if anyone using Chrome experienced this issue today

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:04 PM

All replies

•  Well,  I don't use Chrome but,  just to add,  I have not noticed any problems with Firefox today.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

• Edited by IronRazerz Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:28 PM
    Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:27 PM
  • If that is the case this might be an incompatibility between the forums and Chrome. When I was at work on Thursday now that I think about it the same thing happened. Chrome which is not good as per it's the most used browser

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:36 PM
  • Karen,

Normally I use Yandex, no problems this week.

I tried Google and Edge now and no problem.

Success Cor

Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:41 PM
  • Karen,

Normally I use Yandex, no problems this week.

I tried Google and Edge now and no problem.

Success Cor

Thanks Cor :-)

VB Forums - moderator

Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:46 PM
  • Looking at this thread in Chrome with lots of extensions so .... at least now it is working for me.

Lloyd Sheen

Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:20 PM
  • Looking at this thread in Chrome with lots of extensions so .... at least now it is working for me.

Lloyd Sheen

Seems it's working again for me. Have not closed Chrome or changed anything so I'm sure it was not me.

VB Forums - moderator

Monday, January 15, 2018 10:45 AM

Lloyd Sheen

Seems it's working again for me. Have not closed Chrome or changed anything so I'm sure it was not me.

VB Forums - moderator

I had a couple funny 404? errs yesterday on the new MS support forum. Actually on a thread about the new security update which broke my AMD chip system and still broke it.

You know all the systems are updating with the new MS (windows 10) security update from the chip security patch. So I would guess systems all over the world may be having funny reactions to it?

I think the update is big big problem.

I use ie11 for reasons I wont get into.

PS I mean the update is a big problem. The chip thing is what it is. From what I see, if you have AMD and win10 you should take your system off the internet so it wont update. It updates whether you have turned off updating or not. It has updated twice on me now even though I have it set not to. Second time I forgot to unplug it from the internet after just a quick hook up to use my Ethernet to print. I forgot to unplug it and it updated on its own again and I had to restore my system a second time.

In talking on the support forum I can see it. The files they talk about are not the same on an AMD etc.

Or not....

Monday, January 15, 2018 11:50 AM
  • I had a couple funny 404? errs yesterday on the new MS support forum. Actually on a thread about the new security update which broke my AMD chip system and still broke it.

You know all the systems are updating with the new MS (windows 10) security update from the chip security patch. So I would guess systems all over the world may be having funny reactions to it?

I think the update is big big problem.

I use ie11 for reasons I wont get into.

PS I mean the update is a big problem. The chip thing is what it is. From what I see, if you have AMD and win10 you should take your system off the internet so it wont update. It updates whether you have turned off updating or not. It has updated twice on me now even though I have it set not to. Second time I forgot to unplug it from the internet after just a quick hook up to use my Ethernet to print. I forgot to unplug it and it updated on its own again and I had to restore my system a second time.

In talking on the support forum I can see it. The files they talk about are not the same on an AMD etc.

Or not....

Follow up:

The new KB4073290 update works for my AMD 64 bit system!

(Before running the update you need to restore your system to before the failed update as I

described previously in order to get your system started again).

Follow the link and download the file from the Update Catalog link to your sytem and then open it (thats what I did at least). After you open it there is a real installer that runs etc.

So, again, here is the new corrected KB4073290 update for 64 bit AMDs after several failed 1709 x64 - KB4056892 updates. Works for me.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4073290/unbootable-state-for-amd-devices-in-windows-10-version-1709

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:22 AM
  • Thanks for the info Tommy.

VB Forums - moderator

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:48 AM