After compilations, which files to deploy? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1136712524 posted

Hi;

I'm new to Web Deployment projects and after read a few articles and try it i still didn't figure out wich files do i have to deploy.
    After compile the project it creates a "Relase" folder.
    Inside this "Release " folders i have my ".aspx" files but i also have a project file (.vbptoj) a solution file (.sln), i folder called "My Project" and a few other stuff.
    Also, there is an "obj" folder and inside this obj folder, once again i have a "Release" and a "Debug" folder. If i go to this "Release" folder, there is a few dll's plus a TempPE folder.

So, i believe this is a dummy question but i really don't know exactly which part of this is the actual content i have to deploy.
    What i was expecting is something like the "Publish..." option. I point a folder and after the compilation, just grab that folder with all it's content.

Hope somebody can help me with that.

Saturday, June 14, 2008 1:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• User-2116278700 posted

Hi,

Click on Build from VS 2005 IDE menu and select Publish Website. It will open up another small windows where it will show the path where your site will be published, you can also point it to you own created folder for publishing. Press OK, if everything goes fine then you should see Publish succeed in the status. go to the path which was shown in the window and upload those files on your website.

Hope it will solve your problem.

Sunday, June 15, 2008 3:45 AM
  • User-1136712524 posted

Hi;

First of all, thanks for your reply.
    Well, that it what i was doing and it works very well.
    But my question is about the "Web Deployment Projects":
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx

It works different i think.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 15, 2008 6:34 PM