You cannot debug or run this project, because the required version of the Microsoft Office application is not installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have written an Office Add-in 2 years ago in Visual Studio 2010 for office 2007.

Recently I opended the project in Visual Studio 2013. The project conversion report showed no errors.

I tried launching it but I got the following messgage : "You cannot debug or run this project, because the required version of the Microsoft Office application is not installed". So the debug stopped or didn't start.

Strange thing is that the Add-In showed up in my Outlook 2016 desktop application

Can someone tell me how I can debug the Add-in ? 

When I started the Add-in from Outlook 2016 , it still had the old layout(not the outlook 2016 layout).

Do I need the change the office PIA's ? How can I debug ?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:59 AM

Answers

• Update :

Opening the project in Visual Studio 2015 was the solution. The project migrated successfully and I could debug my Add-In in Outlook 2016.

Kind Regards

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:10 AM

All replies

• Update :

Opening the project in Visual Studio 2015 was the solution. The project migrated successfully and I could debug my Add-In in Outlook 2016.

Kind Regards

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:10 AM
  • Hi ,

it's good to hear from you that your issue has been resolved.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:33 AM