Excel Crashes when running VBA code with the VBA code password protected RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have an excel file with a fair amount of VBA code and userforms. It is not the first time that I create this kind of files.

I have a weird situation. I have the file crashing excel without any error message except the "Microsoft Excel has stopped working. Windows can try to recover your information." I am left with the only option to close the program.

This happened since I have put a password for locking the VBA project for viewing. If I save the file without the password on the VBA code, I can reopen it and launch the macros without any issues.

I also noticed that if I save it with the password protection for viewing the VBA code, I need to do the following in order to avoid crashes:

1. open the file

2. open the VBE

3. open the VBA project with the password

4. close the VBE

After that I can use the macros and face no issue. I would like to say that there is no code executed on workbook open.

It looks like that the password protection feature can't be used?!

Thank you for your support.

Regards

Marco

Thursday, April 12, 2018 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Marco_D_D,

I suggest you to refer the suggestion I provided you in thread below.

Excel Crash with Large VBA Project When Password Protected and Saved in .xlsm Format

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 13, 2018 2:06 AM
  • Hi Marco_D_D,

Is your issue solved?

I find that you did not follow up this thread after posting the issue.

If your issue is solved then I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

If your issue is still exist then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 27, 2018 8:29 AM