CCF 2008 : Unable to Run Agent Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i'm begginer in CCF 2008, i used CCF 2008 Installation Guide to install CCF with Active Directory on 3 VMs, now i added a new machine to install Agent Desktop, and i have installed Agent Desktop without error, but when i try to lunch it, i get juste the splash screen and error messagbox with Debug and Close buttons.

I checked the windows Event viewer, i found two errors :

1- CCF Error :

ListenerConfiguration has encountered a problem while trying to access the Configuration web service. The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Negotiate'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate'.

2- .net runtime 2.0 error reporting :

EventType clr20r3, P1 agentdesktop.exe, P2 3.0.7183.0, P3 46ca659e, P4 agentdesktop, P5 3.0.7183.0, P6 46ca659e, P7 10c, P8 10c, P9 system.typeinitialization, P10 NIL.

Please, help me to resolve this error.

regards,

Jarjor
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi jarjor,
    Maybe it's normal, try to do this:
    From your Active directory console note NETBIOS\AccountName of the Demoagent1
    Check for the login user account (Demoagent1) on the Database Infrastructure exactly in the table User.
    Change the value of the domain user login with the NETBIOS\AccountName of the Demoagent1
    try to connect to your agent desktop console.
    the reason is that when installing the CCF 2008 or CCF 2009 you use the domain name for exemple contoso.com to avoid the error "the changes" tape the domain Netbios;

good luck
    let know about the result if you try the solution.

thank you
    • Marked as answer by Jarjor Monday, May 11, 2009 2:36 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi all,

Well, for my question, i was using Administrator account to open CCF Agent DeskTop, so i changed the account, and i logged as DemoAgent1, now the error is different, when opning Agent DeskTop, i can see the form, but after that i get the following Message :

Error: Unable to login - make sure your domain\\user name is correctly configured in the system.

Application will exit now.

Can you help me to solve this last problem?

regards,

Jarjor
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:51 PM
  • Hi jarjor,
    Maybe it's normal, try to do this:
    From your Active directory console note NETBIOS\AccountName of the Demoagent1
    Check for the login user account (Demoagent1) on the Database Infrastructure exactly in the table User.
    Change the value of the domain user login with the NETBIOS\AccountName of the Demoagent1
    try to connect to your agent desktop console.
    the reason is that when installing the CCF 2008 or CCF 2009 you use the domain name for exemple contoso.com to avoid the error "the changes" tape the domain Netbios;

good luck
    let know about the result if you try the solution.

thank you
    • Marked as answer by Jarjor Monday, May 11, 2009 2:36 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 2:33 PM
  • yeeeesss i followed the steps and it works well
    thank you Néjm-Eddine
    Jarjor
    Monday, May 11, 2009 2:39 PM
  • Hi Jarjor!

I am trying to install CCF 2009 on two vpcs. I am completely new MS CCF, and I have no idea what components to install on server and what to install on client vm. From your blog it seems like you have had a successful installation, please help me out byy telling me what components you installed.

Thanks
    • Proposed as answer by Néjm-Eddine Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 3:45 PM
  • Hi Jarjor,

You can Deploy Your CCF 2009 Infrastructure in two modes :

Separate Servers : Only the CCF 2009 server's components are installed in one machine and the developement in another machine you can separate your CCF 2009 server components on many machines if you want keep in mind that you need it's a must a microsoft active directory domain.
    first install the server side on your Windows 2003 R2 no matter wich compenent first caus the CCF 2009 is built on Web services Technologies to communicate with each component.
    next install your developement side wich called Agent Desktop on your Windows XP SP 2 machine and visual Studio  2005 ....
    Be carefull it's not a next to next :) installation you should respect the preriquisites written in the CCF 2009's docs step by step don't miss a thing

Stand alone : all CCF 2009 Servers components and Developement tools in the same machine
    if you use this procedure you don't have to do specific configuration the wizard automatically configure the server and the desktop agent without pain but first remember you should prepare the server as the CCF 2009's docs recommands
    so follow the administration Guide Step by Step

Good Luck

• Proposed as answer by UShaikh Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:32 PM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Hi

to Install CCF on two Virtual mahines you should prepare one CCF Server and one CCF Client Agent :

On the CCF Server (folow this steps carfully):
    - Windows server 2003 R2
    - Framework 3.5 (do not install 3.5 sp1)
    - IIS (enable ASP.net & framework 2.0)
    - SQL server 2005 sp2 or 2008 + all component and services
    - Visual Studio 2005 sp1
    - Windows Server 2003-KB892777 SupportTools x86
    - MICROSOFT DOMAIN-SPECIFIC LANGUAGE TOOLS FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2005 REDISTRIBUTABLE COMPONENTS (DslToolsRedist.exe)
    - MICROSOFT ENTERPRISE INSTRUMENTATION
    - Guidance Automation Extensions
    - Visual Studio 2005 Extensions for Windows Workflow Foundation
    - Visual Studio 2005 SDK 4.0
    - patch for Visual studio 2005 (VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe)
    - compsite UI Application Block (CAB_VB.msi)
    - create this users and groups on Active directory users and computer console
                  - create users : - "ASPUser"
                                        - "CCFadmin"
                                        - "demoadmin"
                                        - "DemoAgent1"
                                        - "DemoAgent2"
                  - create Groups : - "CCFAdmins" and add users - "CCFadmin"
                                                                                  - "demoadmin"
                                          - "CCFusers" add users "Administrator" or current user admin
                                                                          "ASPUser"
                                                                          "demoadmin"
                                                                          "DemoAgent1"
                                                                          "DemoAgent2"
                  - add "ASPUser" to group "IIS_WPG"
    - add "ASPUser" account right on these folders :
                  - C:\WINDOWS\Temp
                  - C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
                  - C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
    - on cmd console navigate until support tools folder and execute these commandes :
                  - "whoami/user" and you get this :
    USER INFORMATION
    ----------------

User Name             SID
    ===================== =============================================
    netopia\administrator S-1-5-21-2868779878-2633056681-4237718058-500

-
    copy the SID and execute this commande "httpcfg set urlacl /u http://+:1000/ /a D:(A;;GW;;;put the SID that you have copied before)"

- execute this commande "setspn –A http/HostName DomainName\ASPuser"
                                                     "setspn –A http/HostName.DomainName.com DomainName\ASPuser"

- Install CCF
         - chose Developpment Mode
         - leave all default configuration
         - chose "ASPUser" account
         - do not check "AutoConfigure"
         - On the DSC instalation steps always chose "ASPUser" account
    - restart your computer
    - Stop IIS servie on the services console
    - execute this commande INETSRV
    - open this file MetaBase.xml and
             - add this line on <IIsWebService >
              "NTAuthenticationProviders="Negotiate,NTLM"
             - save the file a close
    - or type this commande "adsutil.vbs set w3svc/1/NTAuthenticationProviders "Negotiate,NTLM"
    - on the services console start this services :
             - HTTP SSL
             - IIS Admin Service
             - World Wide Web Publishing Service
    - restart your computer
    - open SQL server and add the entry :
             -on the "CcfInfrastructure" database on the table "CcfUser" add a line as folow
              UserId = "6"
              DomainUser = "Domaine\Administrator"
              FirstName = "Admin"
              LastName = "Admin"
              Type = "2"
              Picture = "DemoAdmin.jpg"
              Supervisor =NULL
    - Open CCF Admin console :
             - Open server (Server = "ServerName", Port = 80)
             - On the Groups -> Admin : add "Admin Admin" & "DemoAdmin"
                                   -> CCFAgents : add all
                                   -> CSRAgents : add "Admin Admin" & "DemoAdmin"
                                   -> Guests : add all
                                   -> SKTIAgents : add all

On the Client Agent CCF :
    - Install Windows XP Sp2
    - Join it to the Domain
    - Framework 3.5 (do not install 3.5 sp1)
    - Install CCF
         - chose Component mode
         - chose Agent Desktop
         - On the IIS server name and SQL server name enter ServerName
    - navigate to the CCF Instalation folder and open the file "AgentDesktop.exe.config" change
    <transport clientCredentialType="Windows" /> to <transport clientCredentialType="Ntlm" />
    - restart your computer
    - Log You On with "DemoAgent1" Account and test you agent desktop ...

have fun ;)

• Edited by ouaziz Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:17 PM
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:22 AM
  • Thanks for the detailed instruction guide :)

I am stuck at:
    - add "ASPUser" account right on these folders :
                  - C:\WINDOWS\Temp
                  - C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
                  - C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files

How do I add a user account in a folder??
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:32 PM
  • hi
    to add a User Account in a folder follow these steps :

- navigate to "C:\WINDOWS"
    - right click on folder "Temp" --> "properties" --> "security"
    - click "Add" and enter user name "ASPUser"
    - click OK
    - repeate these steps to for : 
          - "v2.0.50727" folder at "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\"
          - "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder at "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\"

:-)

Friday, August 14, 2009 12:04 PM
  • Hey..
    In my several tries to install CCf 09, I encoountered the following problems:

- MS DCS will not install. The error says a 32-bit machine is required.  Windows Server 2003-KB892777 SupportTools x86, a requirement, should have had 32-bit support ( as mentioned at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=6ec50b78-8be1-4e81-b3be-4e7ac4f0912d&displayLang=en) but apparently it did not.

-on Adding UserId 6 in CCFUsers table in CCFInfrastructure dbo, ASPUser and Administrator were not listed (which I assume should have been there). I checked inActive Directory, they are, however, listed in CCFUser group over there.

-On opening CCFAdminConsole and clicking on Agent/Groups or anything will throw exception saying "The content type of response package doesnot match with content type of binding" followed by first 1 KB of xml code.

On the Client side, the funny thing is it is not accepting the server's domain name in Agent Desktop installation. The only thing it is accepting there is the client computer's own name! This, in the configuration stage after installation causes "Permission denied error" and thus the client installation is also troublesome..

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friday, August 14, 2009 5:04 PM
  • +----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

before Installing CCF 2009 you should complete Windows Installation with all prerequisite Listed before including Windows Server 2003 32-Bit Updated with the last Microsoft patches.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

On the CCFInfrastructure dbo you should Add the Administrator Account and give it the Admin right Type="2" so you can open the CCF Admin Console.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

to be able to open CCF Admin Console you should have permissions right on Windows LogIn Account, to do that add an entry on the CCFInfrastructure dbo on Table CcfUser.

try to install Agent desktop on the client machine with Local Account

on the Agent desktop installation parameters enter on the :
        - IIS Name Server : "ServerName" , ex : "CCFServer" , FQDN : CCFServer.Domain.com   
        - SQL Name Server : "ServerName" , ex : "CCFServer" ,  FQDN : CCFServer.Domain.com 
        - Domain : "NetBiosDomainName" , ex : "Domain" ,  FQDN : CCFServer.Domain.com   

Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:39 AM
  • I installed CCF 09 on a new Windows Server 2003 R2 vm. The installation went much better I am sure, but the end product isn't good enough. Currently DCS snap-ins in mmc are working fine, but when I run Admin Console and click on any of the modules (Agents/Groups/ Roles etc) it throws exception saying "ServerTooBusyException. The HTTP service locates at http://<serverName>/Microsoft.ccf.Csr.WebServices.AdminConsole/HostedAppWS.svc is too busy. (for clicking on HostedApplication Node). In IIS I observed that when this exception is thrown, CCFAppPool stops working immediately. All I know is that the svc file at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Microsoft.Ccf.Csr.WebServices.AdminConsole do exist, but what might be causing this error is unknown. can you help me out here?
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:42 PM
  • No worries, I got it working now on the server. I am going to go ahead with the client vm tomorrow. thanks for all your help.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:00 PM
  • I want to run Agent Desktop on Windows Vista (x86).

.Net Framework is there, and Installation was successful, but the application wouldn't open. It throws "DESKTOP_ERR_IN_LOAD: Error while loading Desktop" and quits immediately on opening.

I did perform the Vista installation procedures in the installation guide:

-"netsh http add urlacl url=http://+:1000/ user=<machineName>\<UserName>" instead of httpcfg
    -installation of RTC 1.3 APIs on Vista vm and then uncommenting the commented section for RTC 1.3 in AgentDesktop.exe.config file.
    -Switching off user account control on Vista

After doing all this, I have not been able to make it work.
    One more point was that during installation when it needed SQL and IIS Server names, it was not accepting them (of the Server vm). So I entered IP address of both the things which it happily accepted.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 4:31 PM