none
Party with same messagetype, different GS03 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a trading partner that has 2 different GS03 values for the same EDI transaction.  The ISA segments are the same.  How can I configure a party to do this?  Do I have to set up 2 parties?

Example:

GS*PO*US*THEM*20070823*1621*22241*X*004010

GS*PO*US*THEM-2*20070823*1621*22241*X*004010

I thought about setting the EDI properties in an orchestration but I can't get the EDI property schema to show in the orchestration expression editor.  Is there an assembly I have to load for it?

Thanks,

Mike

Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:35 PM

Answers

• You can do this with one party alone since GS segment does not play a role in Party Resolution.

To parse these two documents, set ISA5-8 under Party as Interchange Sender to whatever the values are in the document. This will resolve any documents that come in with those values in ISA fields to this party.

Thanks

Mohsin

Friday, August 24, 2007 5:02 AM
  • The outbound GS header is document specific meaning you can have different GS headers for an 810 and 850 document within the same party but not for two 810s.

GS headers are created based on "ST1", "Version/Release" and "TargerNameSpace" set in Party Settings that match the values in the instances. These fields are set under "Party as Interchange Receiver/X12 Interchange Envelope Generation/GS and ST segments". Once all 3 keys match exactly, the GS settings are applied from that row. If not then the default are applied.

So based on this information, you need to have 2 different parties for different GS03 for the same document (since 2 documents of the same type will have the same ST1, Version/Release and TargetNameSpace).

Hope this helps

Mohsin 

Monday, August 27, 2007 7:53 PM
  • This comes from the instance itself. So for a XML instance, you would see the following in the first line of the instance

<X12_00401_810 xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006">

Over here, ST1 is 810, version/release is 00401, and namespace is "http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006". These have to match exactly in the party settings for that row of GS to be selected.

In more generic terms the following is the format for X12

<X12_Version/Release_ST1 xmlns="NameSpace">

Hope this helps

Mohsin

Monday, August 27, 2007 11:38 PM
  • Hi,

I tried that.  It works.

Now I see that the EDI parsing relies on the element name to do it's job.  I will remember that.

Thanks,

MIke

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:06 AM

All replies

• You can do this with one party alone since GS segment does not play a role in Party Resolution.

To parse these two documents, set ISA5-8 under Party as Interchange Sender to whatever the values are in the document. This will resolve any documents that come in with those values in ISA fields to this party.

Thanks

Mohsin

Friday, August 24, 2007 5:02 AM
  • Hi,

I wasn't clear.  The party is outbound.  I have to set the GS03 to different values but the same EDI schema.

I tried to set the EDI.GS03 context property in an orchestration but no luck.  The EDI property schema assembly I had to add was Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BaseArtifacts.

Thanks,

Mike

Friday, August 24, 2007 5:07 AM
  • The outbound GS header is document specific meaning you can have different GS headers for an 810 and 850 document within the same party but not for two 810s.

GS headers are created based on "ST1", "Version/Release" and "TargerNameSpace" set in Party Settings that match the values in the instances. These fields are set under "Party as Interchange Receiver/X12 Interchange Envelope Generation/GS and ST segments". Once all 3 keys match exactly, the GS settings are applied from that row. If not then the default are applied.

So based on this information, you need to have 2 different parties for different GS03 for the same document (since 2 documents of the same type will have the same ST1, Version/Release and TargetNameSpace).

Hope this helps

Mohsin 

Monday, August 27, 2007 7:53 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks.  I've been trying to work this out.  Where does the "Version/Release get pulled from?  The EDI schema "Standard Version"?  How is the value for the "ST1" resolved?  Also from the EDI schema?

The documentation is not to clear where these come from.

Thanks,

Mike

Monday, August 27, 2007 11:29 PM
  • This comes from the instance itself. So for a XML instance, you would see the following in the first line of the instance

<X12_00401_810 xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006">

Over here, ST1 is 810, version/release is 00401, and namespace is "http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006". These have to match exactly in the party settings for that row of GS to be selected.

In more generic terms the following is the format for X12

<X12_Version/Release_ST1 xmlns="NameSpace">

Hope this helps

Mohsin

Monday, August 27, 2007 11:38 PM
  • Hi,

I tried that.  It works.

Now I see that the EDI parsing relies on the element name to do it's job.  I will remember that.

Thanks,

MIke

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:06 AM
  • I tried this however you can not have two parties with the same ISA so how do you resolve that two parties are created for two seperate gs segments?

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:14 PM