App is not visible in the Store RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I submitted my app Tube Videos in windows phone store. The app got approved and published to the store successfully.

I'm able to access it using the App URL: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=8072f9ab-f046-4bb0-9028-09cc21669ddd. But the app is not visible in the Store. If I search the app name, it is not coming in the search results. Even it is not coming when I search by my publisher name. My other apps are displayed.

Previously the app was in beta release targeted for specific user and now it has been published to all users via submission 14 on 9/9. It has been more than 5 days. I wonder what is making this not visible. Its very disappointed not to see the app in search results after putting lot of development efforts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I created a support ticket SRX1355070547ID but it has been closed with the information to contact policy team. So I sent an email to the team. Haven't heard back from the team.

Please help me to get my app visible in the store ASAP. By all means, please let me know if you need any details from my end.

Thanks,
    Srinivasan Ayyasamy.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 6:30 PM

Answers

• Thanks Guys for sharing the information. I just received an email from Policy Team stating that they fixed an issue. Now app is visible in the stores. 
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, September 26, 2016 2:30 AM
    Saturday, September 17, 2016 3:27 PM

All replies

• I think it can take quite a while to become visible in searches.

On the other hand I have 2 apps that don't show up unless I type in the exact name of them exactly !

Just how MS expect people to find them is beyond me.

I understand your frustration at Microsoft's poor app system.

n.Wright

Thursday, September 15, 2016 9:58 PM
  • Hi srinivasan,
    I could completely understand the frustration you’ve been experiencing at your app searching failure.
    Please go to your app’s Distribution and visibility at Pricing and availability page in app Submission section in Dashboard, and check if you choose Make this app available in the Store. Your customer will acquire your app in the way based on this option. 

Besides, please make sure that you use the Store for the country/region that your app supports. You're not able to find your app in the Store if your app doesn't target on that market. 

Also, you could try to update your app with clicking Make product unavailable in the app overview page and then Make product available. It will take about 24-48 hours for your app to show up in the Store again.

If you’re still experiencing this issue after that, please create a request here (which is free) through your developer account so that we may assist you best. Please click “submit an incident” on the right side of that page.

Thank you.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Friday, September 16, 2016 5:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, September 19, 2016 1:17 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Thanks Guys for sharing the information. I just received an email from Policy Team stating that they fixed an issue. Now app is visible in the stores. 
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, September 26, 2016 2:30 AM
    Saturday, September 17, 2016 3:27 PM