Report caching RRS feed

• Question

• User1510859543 posted

We have a user that can update the database, then go into an SSRS report we designed and not get current data.  They have to go in and out of their browser several times before they get the latest data.  Is there someplace we can force reports not to cache or ??? to avoid this issue?

p.s. It does not happen all the time.

Friday, June 12, 2015 4:21 PM

All replies

• User1711366110 posted

Is there someplace we can force reports not to cache or ??? to avoid this issue?

As per this case, you can try the following steps which may guide you to resolve this case :

Step 1 :
      1. Go to Report Data section, right click on Parameters node and edit the existing Parameter properties

2.Report parameter properties >> Avaliable Values >> Select "Get values from a query"

3.Report parameter properties >> Default Values >> Select "Get values from a query"

4.Click OK to save changes

for more information , Click here to refer.

Step 2 :

1.Open Report Manager, and locate the report for which you want to set processing properties.

2.Hover over the report, and click the drop-down arrow.

3.In the drop-down menu, click Manage. This opens the General properties page for the report.

4.Select the Processing Options tab >>  Always run this report with the most recent data >> Select "Do not cache temporary copies of this report"
            (It always run the report with the most recent data. Each user who opens the report triggers a query against the data source that contains data used in the report.Always run this report with the most recent data )

for more information ,Click here to refer .

Monday, June 15, 2015 1:17 AM
  • User1510859543 posted

I don't understand the parameters properties.  None of them come from a query so why are you proposing "Get values from a query"?  I am confused.  All parameters are sent as dates.

Regarding step 2 - I already have those settings on all reports.

Monday, June 15, 2015 8:45 AM