Register VS 2010 Agent with VS 2012 controller? RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I am automating an app that has compatibility across several OS's.  I am doing my development in Visual Studio 2012 and have setup a machine to run the 2012 controller.  One of the test clients is a Server 2003 machine that doesn't support running the 2012 test agent.  So, I installed the 2010 agent on it and have been unsuccessful in getting the agent to register with the controller.  

All of the machines running the 2012 version of the agent have no problems.  I am using a machine level account on the controller and all of the agent machines.  This is the message that occurs when attempting to register the 2010 agent with the 2012 controller:

"Failed to register this test agent with the test controller. Possible reasons could be you do not have the right permissions to connect to the test controller pdx-pc-blab8, the log on account does not exist on the test controller machine, or a firewall is blocking the connection.

To fix this problem, verify that you are a local administrator on the test controller machine, that the log on account codedui exists on the test controller machine, and that the Windows Firewall Settings on the test controller machine has "File and Printer Sharing" exception."

Are there any known compatibility issues when attempting to use a 2010 agent with a 2012 controller?

Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:57 PM

Answers