WPF/E and MHTML RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm developing an application that creates tutorials from images and captions, and I'd like to be able to save a WPF/E presentation (including a html file, a xaml file, two js files, and any accompanying images) as a web archive(*.mht) that can be opened in IE.

Currently, I've been able to spit out a .mht file as a multipart/related mime file, which I understand is the standard for IE's web archive format.  I've had no trouble getting IE to display a html page with an image contained in it.  All text is encoded with the "quoted-printable" standard under the utf-8 charset.  The images are encoded with base64.  However, when I add the xaml and js files to the archive, I'm unable to get the control to load properly.  The WPF/E control gets created on the page, but the xaml content is not loaded(and subsequently the presentation is not started).  I'm wondering if I have the content-type wrong on either the .js or the .xaml file.  I've tried "application/octet-stream"(IE includes js files as this type) and "text/javascript" for the js files.  I've tried "application/xaml+xml", "text/xml", "text/xaml" for the XAML file.

I guess I'm wondering if it is at all possible to create a web archive of a page that includes a WPF/E control.  Note that I'm generating all the files at runtime, so it's not feasible for me to use the canned .NET methods to generate MHTML files.

Thanks,
    Randy
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 6:28 PM