none
Split Access 2007-2016 application error 3024 RRS feed

• Question

• I've been through the literature on line, but I'm must be missing something. Here's what I have done and my current situation:

1. working from a vpn at my office at home to client system. Connection works fine.

2. over the past few months, I would do development (v 2007 -2016) and it would work fine for me put my client's side would never work.

3. Went in to client office and did the coding changes and got it to work.

However, every time I made a change from my office at home, it would never work for client. Called the help desk to see if there was configuration issues that needed to be dealt with.

My specific client didn't have permission rights to the directory the back end database was in. However, the old version accessed it just fine and used the old application to continue his work. ????

The help desk gave him permission to access the back end and then my version at home wouldn't work. Error 3024 returned at every turn. Couldn't find the database back end. I check it in the "linked table manager" and it showed correctly.

I rebuilt the application front end (for the umpteenth time) and again, mine worked - his doesn't.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dbeelow

• Edited by dbeelow Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:54 PM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:52 PM

All replies

• For one thing, when you have a mix of Access versions, you must always do all of your development using the oldest version.  So if you have 2007-2016, all development must be done using 2007.

Next, how are the linked tables connected?  If you aren't already doing so, use UNC paths only.

Your database compiles without errors?

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2017 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 3:12 PM
  • Hi dbeelow,

I can see that you are getting an error 3024.

Below can be the possible reasons for this error.

-The permission on the file, this file needs to be readable/writable by the user your OOB client logs on with.

-If the mdb file is on a mapped drive check the LogonUser is the same person who mapped the network drive.

-The file and the data source are marked as Exclusive.

If you find anything wrong then try to correct it can solve your issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 8:11 AM