none
Creation of UWP App using Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Trying with Azure for first time so some basic question - 

1. Is it possible to create a mobile template App in C++ using Azure mobile app template for UWP?

2. Can I use my existing C++ UWP App to connect to web services of "Mobile App" created using Azure portal?

I created the sample app using "Mobile App" template in Azure portal, it provides me link to download 2 project  - 

1. Personalized server project (c#) - Which seems to be Visual studio 12 solution. Is that by design ?

2. C# UWP client App - It is crashing in my Emulator after I add the table name and click on Save.

Error I am getting ::

An exception of type 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.MobileServices.MobileServiceInvalidOperationException' occurred in mscorlib.ni.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. 

the error code is from this line - "await InsertTodoItem(todoItem);"

Thanks,

/vikas

• Edited by Vikas-Gomia Friday, July 22, 2016 7:49 AM Adding error details
    Friday, July 22, 2016 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hello Vikas,

Thank you for getting back to us.

You can generate log files as below,

Go to the new portal and if you drill down into the settings of your Mobile app, you will finally find these diagnostics settings:

Just switch and dropdown in the red box.

Flip the switch and select the right diagnostics level. And once the changes have been saved, you start getting logging (just keep refreshing):

You can refer this article for more information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Swikruti

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Swikruti Bose Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vikas-Gomia Sunday, February 26, 2017 9:35 AM
    Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hello Vikas,

Thank you for posting here!

1. I have found one discussion regarding Azure App Service via C++ UWP App, which might help you.
    2. Yes, I think you can use your existing app to connect to web services.

Go to your Mobile App in new portal -> Quick Start -> Mobile App -> Choose your project -> Click on “connect an existing app”

1. Personalized server project (c#): I think; you can use this for Visual Studio 12 onwards. I have repro the same and I can download the latest version Visual Studio 15 from Azure new portal.
    2. C# UWP client App: Could you please try to get the log files for that error message? And provide us the same, by which we can be able to assist you properly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Swikruti

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.
    Friday, July 22, 2016 4:36 PM
  • Hi,

How to generate the log files ?

Thanks,

/vikas

Friday, July 22, 2016 11:13 PM
  • Hello Vikas,

Thank you for getting back to us.

You can generate log files as below,

Go to the new portal and if you drill down into the settings of your Mobile app, you will finally find these diagnostics settings:

Just switch and dropdown in the red box.

Flip the switch and select the right diagnostics level. And once the changes have been saved, you start getting logging (just keep refreshing):

You can refer this article for more information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Swikruti

• Proposed as answer by Swikruti Bose Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vikas-Gomia Sunday, February 26, 2017 9:35 AM
    Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:55 AM
  • See also the wiki page: Help, my app isn't working!
    • Proposed as answer by Swikruti Bose Saturday, July 30, 2016 7:09 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 9:37 PM