Is there a way to stop a program when run from Expression RRS feed

• Question

• I am now trying to learn Expression and have found one large problem.  I am attempting to get a non standard window to run (this is not the problem).  Since there is no close icon to click and I have no code behind to close it.

It runs but there is no way in Expression to stop the running of the program (is there???).  To make it worse when I closed Expression the program still is running.  I closed it with Task Manager but this seems strange.

Is there a way to close a program from Expression (4)?

Thanks

LLoyd Sheen

• Moved by Min Zhu Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:17 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Monday, September 13, 2010 5:27 PM

Answers

• No, Blend has no debugger so isn't attached to the other process. Task manager or alt + F4 while the program is in the foreground should work.
    • Proposed as answer by Chuck HaysModerator Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by sqlguy Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hi sqlguy,

I think Alt + F4 combination key may work in this case.

Best regards,

Yves

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:10 AM
  •  

Have you tried something like this?

me.Window.Close

-- Miseria solo trae miseria --
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina.v Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:47 AM
  • No, Blend has no debugger so isn't attached to the other process. Task manager or alt + F4 while the program is in the foreground should work.
    • Proposed as answer by Chuck HaysModerator Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by sqlguy Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:11 PM