none
Calculated Field formula Error RRS feed

• Question

• Sharepoint 2010 RTM Engish

I've created calculated field

Type formula containing TEXT for example: =TEXT([Bussiness Day Date], "yyyy") ([Bussiness Day Date] - is a DateTime Field)

when click ok - getting the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on remote machines, please set "mode" to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
      <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
      </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
      <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
      </system.web>
    </configuration>

i've tried to change mode on "On" or "RemoteOnly" - still getting the same error page :(

some other formulas are working (YEAR, MONTH...) TEXT, CHOOSE - getting the error

i'm i doing smth wrong?

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, May 1, 2010 4:36 AM 2010 questions go only to 2010 forums. Forums with "pre-SharePoint 2010" in the Title of the forum are not 2010 forums. (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, April 30, 2010 9:23 PM

All replies

• in development server, find the corresponding web.config file

e.g. if it's http://server/

look for c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\virtualdirectories\80\web.config

of if it has a specific port number:  http://server:901/

look in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\virtualdirectories\901\web.config

Find <CustomErrors mode="On" /> change this to <CustomErrors mode="Off" /> to see the error.

Out of curiosity, did you spell Business wrong in 

=TEXT([Bussiness Day Date], "yyyy")

jliu - johnliu.net - www.ssw.com.au
    Monday, May 3, 2010 3:16 PM
  • I have changed the <CustomEroors mode="On" /> to <CustomErrors mode="Off" in config file of web application and config file of port 80 and config file of development server but still getting same error.

Thanks

Vishwa

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:46 AM