Failed to Assembly.LoadFrom a 64-bit assembly RRS feed

• Question

• One assembly "A" will be injected into my tested application, so it has to be 64-bit to compatible with my 64-bit tested application.

But if I try to call Assembly.LoadFrom to load the 64-bit assembly "A" in Coded UI test, it failed.

Maybe the reason for this is Coded UI host process is 32-bit, but is there any workaround here?

I am using Visual Studio 2010.

totta wang

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hello Totta,

Thank you for your post.

I suggest that you try to check the Host type of the Hosts pane in the active testsettings. If you set “Force tests to run in 32 bit process”, you can change it to “Run tests in 64 bit process on 64 bit machine” to check the result.

Also you can check the property of the coded UI test project and check the Platform target in Build pane. If it is selected as"X86", you can change it to "X64" to check if it can help.

If no help, you can provide us some warning and error messages when you load the assembly in coded UI test project so that we can further look at this issue. And please clarify whether your machine is 64 bit.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:59 AM