'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Diagnostics.DirectoryConfiguration' is obsolete: 'this API is deprecated.' RRS feed

• Question

• User-1355356054 posted

I had to reinstall a version of Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 on my machine.

I had v2.3 of the Azure toolset working with my cloud service just fine.

When I loaded the project again into Visual Studio, it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to v2.5 or download v2.3. I tried to download v2.3, but the link wouldn't work.

I then upgraded to v2.5 which blew my could service to bits when it tried to publish it.

I'm getting the following attached errors:

Since I cannot display images in these posts, the first image basically is asking me to upgrade to 2.5 or download 2.3.

The images are returning the three errors when the service tries to get published:

1. Starting role... Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException
    2. Role has encountered an error and has stopped. Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException
    3. 'microsoft.windows.azure.diagnostics.directoryconfiguration' is obsolete: 'this api is deprecated.'

I'm tearing my hair out here at 2:30 in the morning... It worked fine with v2.3 and now with 2.5, it's getting the above errors.

Can someone please inform me how I can correct this issue so my cloud service will be published correctly?

Friday, February 27, 2015 2:34 AM

All replies