Problem in Browsing URL over server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Every one,

Here I am facing a problem in browsing url on one server :

Explanation:  There are two servers with different machine  IP's which are under same domain and I am trying to browse through a service over both the servers in one server I am able to get the page viewed and on other I am not able to view and the error it is stating is "internet cannot display this page" point here is that the service which I am trying to browse through is routed through a LNB(Load Balancer) to one of the server which ever is active :

1. Is host entry required to be specified in server which I am not able to browse ? But yes I had checked both the host files both are identical.

2. Do I need to open some ports to get this done? If yes How should I do this activity ?

Thank You !!

Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:35 AM

Answers

• Well the issue then seems to be at the client end from where you are trying to browse the service as the same service is available over the Node A. It means you do not need to open the ports as such as the service is available on one node. What you can do is check the settings of the explorer on the node B and compare them with node A as to find out what is different

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:20 AM
  • So you're trying to bypass NLB and go direct to the host machines?  And you can do this fine from other computers?

The common denominator here is your client computer.  You will need to see if you have an ip route to both the hosts and that there aren't any firewalls anywhere along the connection that would refuse your client from contacting the problematic server.

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Have you referred to the event log for the server where is the faulty service is hosted??? There might be something logged there. Can you please check and let us know?? Is the service accessible from some other computer in the domain? Are the ports open on the firewall for your website???

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Hi Mandar,

There is No log found in event log associated to this. The service is accessible from all the other systems in the same domain just to tell you the system which I am trying to Browse the URL is a Virtual System.

Are the ports open on the firewall for your website???

Could you please guide me checking for this please ......

Thank You !!

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

can you please details on following point?

The service is browseable from remote machine and it is not browsable from a particular machine?? is this the case or the faulty service is not accessible from other machines on the domain.

Regards

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:34 AM
  • No The service is working absolutely fine, it is only that I am not able to browse on particular machine meaning there are two nodes A and B under same domain but the Service is hosted on different machine which also under same domain I am able to browse the service on Machine A but not on Machine B.

What are all parameters I need to check in order to resolve this. 

Thank You !!

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Well the issue then seems to be at the client end from where you are trying to browse the service as the same service is available over the Node A. It means you do not need to open the ports as such as the service is available on one node. What you can do is check the settings of the explorer on the node B and compare them with node A as to find out what is different

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:20 AM
  • So you're trying to bypass NLB and go direct to the host machines?  And you can do this fine from other computers?

The common denominator here is your client computer.  You will need to see if you have an ip route to both the hosts and that there aren't any firewalls anywhere along the connection that would refuse your client from contacting the problematic server.

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:22 PM