none
i have to enter Access key every time i need to open the storage

Question

• From Salim Zeidan @salimzeidan via Twitter

I created a storage and add it to my Azure VM, but it keeps disconnecting and i have to enter Access key every time i need to open the storage even if i tick "Remember my credentials"

Thanks,

@AzureSupport

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:00 AM

Answers

• Hello Salim,

Thank you for posting here! We are happy to assist you.

To clarify, are you referring to the Azure File Service or any other Azure service?

Before mounting to the file share, first persist your storage account credentials on the virtual machine. This step allows Windows to automatically reconnect to the file share when the virtual machine reboots. To persist your account credentials, run the cmdkey command from the PowerShell window on the virtual machine. For more details on the steps kindly follow the steps outlined in the link below:

Persist your storage account credentials for the virtual machine

Regards,
    Ajay

Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hello Salim,

Thank you for posting here! We are happy to assist you.

To clarify, are you referring to the Azure File Service or any other Azure service?

Before mounting to the file share, first persist your storage account credentials on the virtual machine. This step allows Windows to automatically reconnect to the file share when the virtual machine reboots. To persist your account credentials, run the cmdkey command from the PowerShell window on the virtual machine. For more details on the steps kindly follow the steps outlined in the link below:

Persist your storage account credentials for the virtual machine

Regards,
    Ajay

Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:26 AM
  • Thank you, this solved my issue
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:07 AM
  • Hello Salim,

Glad to hear that your issue was sorted out! This will certainly help users experiencing similar issue.

Regards,
    Ajay

Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:37 PM