none
HTML 5 based Task Management App for Android OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am working on a HTML 5 based android App that has following-

1. App will be interface to SharePoint 2013 on premises.
    2. Project Server 2013 is also installed on SharePoint 2013.
    3. Project Server 2013 creates tasks in SharePoint 2013.
    4. App will display list of all task assigned to current user in SharePoint on mobile.
    5. User can change the status of individual task.
    6. User can fill the completion percentage of individual task.
    7. SharePoint 2013 is using the windows based(NTLM) authentication. 

As per my knowledge I should use SharePoint 2013 Rest API for CRUD operations. I am struggling on following points-

1. I got many sample for CRUD using Rest Api however I haven’t got any sample that tells how to do the authentication. If anyone has any sample please provide, it will be very helpful.

2. I was planning to manipulate the tasks directly on Project Site however I have noticed that in case if server is configured in project mode, tasks in task list in project sites are read only. I am not able to understand how i can manipulate the tasks.

Thanks for help in advanced.

Regards Restless Spirit

Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:13 AM

All replies

• Hey there Mr. Spirit,

In regards to 1. (Authentication) You will need to perform an NTLM challenge response from your Android application.  Take a look at the beginning of this post to see how to approach NTLM authentication from Android (Java).

In regards to 2. For "Enterprise" projects in Project Server, the tasks in the task list are read-only.  To actually modify the tasks you could: 

- You could take a look at just showing the user their "My Tasks" page either out of PWA or from their MySite (although the MySite page doesn't allow setting of Percent Complete ... just completed)

- Use the PSI to publish task updates via statusing or timesheet services - although I imagine this would be very hard from Java because of the complex XML types.

- Or you could just download the Sensei Task Master App from the Google Play Store and go bowling or something instead :) (Maybe bowling is not your thing - but I am sure you will think of something)

Cheers,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -

Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:08 AM