UserControl is not supported in a Windows Metro style project

Question

• Hi,

I've just installed Visual Studio Express 2012 RC. I fired up Blend for VS and created a blank metro app (C#). As the project was being created, two errors immediately appeared.

UserControl is not supported in a Windows Metro style project.
    Grid is not supported in a Windows Metro style project.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 7:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• This is not a known issue . Can you send the Dxdiag of your machine to harikm (@) microsoft (dot) com. Also one quick thing , did you install the Dev license prior creating the project ?. 

Dev@Mic

Monday, June 25, 2012 6:55 PM
  • I get the same message if try to have two projects in one folder to share some .cs-files. in my case a WPF Project and a Metro XAML Project.
    After loading the solution i can open a XAML of one Project without problems. After opening the second one the designer cashes or produces the same error messages. (the project compiles file) but opening the xaml not.

i already tried to modify the obj folder direction because i thought there are conflicts between the auto generated .g.cs or g.i.cs .. but this does not change the behavior.

Any suggestions? ^^

here is the vs solution that reproduces the problem

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1450085/DesignerCrashTest.zip

• Edited by XnDerKai Tuesday, July 03, 2012 3:55 PM
    Tuesday, July 03, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Thanks. I can repro this also in RC. We are looking into this issue now.

Dev@Mic

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 4:22 PM
  • Unfortunately we wont be able to fix this for the RTM release of Visual Studio , but we will do our best to try to fix it for the next version

Dev@Mic

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 7:33 PM
  • :(

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 7:35 PM
  • Hello,

this error occurs again in Visual Studio 2013 Premium.

Hansjörg

Saturday, November 09, 2013 1:12 PM