none
Exchange routing transport agent EmailMessage.Bcc.Count always 0 (zero) RRS feed

• Question

• We have a tranposrt agent that implements RoutingAgent factory. We are trying to look for Bcc recepients in EmailMessage but we always get Count of 0 (zero) while To and Cc fields work fine. Is this related to Exchange settings of some sort?
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:58 PM

All replies

• The BCC field of a message is an envelope(p1) header only meaning that if you look at the P2 headers of the message you will never see anything in the BCC (if you did that would be breaking the RFC) the only time you would see the BCC is before submission. To workout BCC's you need to derive them by looking at the TO and CC recipients then compare these with the envelope recipients (MailItem.Recipients)

If you find envelope recipients that aren't in the p2 Message headers then these have to BCC or alternate recipients etc.

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 2:38 AM
  • Hi, have you solved?
    I've your needs, so if you have solved could you send me more information or if for you isn't a problem could you send me the transport agent code so I can implement your solution?
    Thanks in advance.
    Luca

Monday, May 30, 2011 8:34 AM